We love awesome people! Our team hands out high-fives, kisses babies and does back-flips (okay maybe not), but we do always go the extra mile to make sure our guests are happy! Join in on the fun, sling some wine and enjoy gorgeous views of the bay at Michigan’s largest winery!
Available Career Opportunities:
ACCOUNTING AND BUSINESS OFFICE MANAGER
7161 North West Bay Shore Drive, Omena MI 49674
Our family-owned winery has been farming grapes and making wine in Northern Michigan for nearly 50 years. We are currently looking for an exceptional individual to join our team in the position of accounting and office manager with functions in accounting, logistics, ERP, human resources, and business administration. Our ideal candidate will see this as an opportunity to join a dynamic, fun and continually growing winery, offering an environment for long term and fulfilling professional growth. This position will interface directly with company management on all levels and shares team responsibilities with our in-house CPA, legal counsel and General Manager.
This position requires a great deal of attention to detail in a timely fashion so that deadlines are met. The ideal candidate will be comfortable in a relaxed environment, adaptive to deal with frequently changing priorities and tasks, flexible, and possess the ability to understand and enjoy our company culture.
- Daily on-line banking duties including daily bank reconciliations for multiple bank accounts.
- Full Accounts Receivable cycle for wholesale program across 28 states– preparation of sales invoices, initiate ACH transactions where appropriate, application of payments received, monitor and follow up aged receivables.
- Coordinate with sales manager for invoice pricing, the creation and application of sales credits.
- Full Accounts Payable cycle – input of invoices, prepare weekly payment recommendations, prepare weekly vendor checks, process purchase orders, and reconcile ledger accounts.
- Assist with overseeing excise and sales tax reports submitted by a third-party service. Prepare and submit monthly Federal and State excise and sales tax reports filed in house.
- Process transactions within the Company’s ERP System’s modules. These modules are primarily the cash, accounts receivable, accounts payable, and sales modules.
- Coordinate shipping logistics with outside trucking firms.
- Maintain relationships with customers’ accounting department.
- Coordinate with manufacturing plant personnel regarding purchases and receipt of raw materials.
- Coordinate with marketing manager regarding purchase and receipt of merchandise for sale.
- Maintain relationship with vendors’ accounting department.
- Input and process weekly payroll with outside payroll service including proof of time cards and tip allocation reports.
- Coordinate employee personnel documents for new hire and terminated personnel.
- Maintain employee personnel files.
- Minimal receptionist duties within a low traffic office.
- Previous bookkeeping and managerial experience.
- Minimum Associate in Accounting degree (Bachelor of Accounting preferred)
- Minimum 8-10 years’ work experience
- Must have solid computer (Excel and Word), organizational, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent work ethic and habits.
- Experience with ERP system and QuickBooks software is preferred.
This position is full time, Monday-Friday. Compensation will be commensurate with experience (starting salary range $50k-$60k), with a generous benefit package. The primary work site for this position is in Omena, Michigan (just North of Suttons Bay).
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a brief cover letter and resume.
WINE PRODUCTION TEAM MEMBER
7161 North West Bay Shore Drive, Omena MI 49674
Leelanau Cellars is seeking a candidates for the position of Wine Production Team Member. The primary work site for this position is in Omena, Michigan (located 25 minutes outside of Traverse City). Under the direction of the Winemaker, the Wine Production Team assists with performing standard wine-making tasks. Our wine-making team works very closely together so the position requires versatility, flexibility, reliability, and accountability – a self-motivated, energetic person capable of adapting to quickly changing priorities and workload, with an interest in continual growth and improvement.
- Assist in all aspects of grape and wine processing including but not limited to: grape crushing, fermentation, filtration, stabilization, blending, bench trials, bottling, quality control and finishing of wines.
- Aids with all aspects of grape harvest.
- Assists in ordering and receiving grapes, fruits, wine or other ingredients for wine production.
- Assists with monitoring a record of wine-making activities.
- Assists with appropriate record keeping relating to all wine-making activities.
- Operate a forklift and other machinery used in the wine production process.
- Helps ensure the cellar is clean and organized, including sanitation of all wine surfaces.
- Preforms other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Previous experience in cellar operations is preferred but not required.
- Shows commitment to excellence and high standards in work product.
- Strong communication skills, interpersonal, written and verbal.
- Competent in using a computer and basic computer programs.
- Willing to work extended hours at times during the year.
- Ability to understand and accurately follow written and verbal instructions.
- Understands and follows safety procedures.
- Ability to lift and move 50 pounds repeatedly.
- Ability to stand or walk for long periods of time and the ability to climb up ladders.
- A reliable vehicle for transportation to and from work.
- Full-time position.
- Competitive pay, commensurate with experience.
- Benefits include medical and dental insurance, vacation and some paid holidays.
TASTING ROOM ASSOCIATES
Leelanau Cellars Tasting Room & Winery
5019 North West Bay Shore Drive, Omena, MI 49674
The Tasting Room Sales Associate is responsible for providing the front-line guest experience. As a Tasting Room Associate you are responsible for providing the best possible experience to all of our Tasting Room guests by developing relationships that promote sales and brand loyalty. This position is the champion of customer service in creating the perfect balance of education and good times.
- Starting Salary: $14/ hr
- Signing Bonus (paid after 30 days)
- Full time and part time positions available
- Retention Bonus (paid for continuous employment through October 31)
- Eligible for considerable cash and credit card tips
- Greet all guests to the winery and pour wines for them.
- Create a memorable experience for the guests.
- Describe wines and winery history; answer visitors’ questions about wines.
- Assist with display and stocking of retail items and wines Assist in maintaining cleanliness of facilities.
- Possesses professional appearance and demeanor.
- Must be able to work weekends and flexible schedules.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to coordinate multiple projects or tasks.
- The employee is regularly required to operate a register and pour wine, hear and speak to exchange information, and taste or smell wine.
- The employee is frequently required to stand, move or walk for prolonged periods of time.
- The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit, stoop, kneel, crouch, walk and reach with hands and arms.
Please submit a copy of your resumé below along with any additional information you deem necessary! (* = required)