We love awesome people! Our team hands out high-fives, kisses babies and does back-flips (okay maybe not), but we do always go the extra mile to make sure our guests are happy! Join in on the fun, sling some wine and enjoy gorgeous views of the bay at Michigan’s largest winery!
Available Career Opportunities:
TASTING ROOM MANAGER
5019 North West Bay Shore Drive, Omena, MI 49674
7161 North West Bay Shore Drive, Omena MI 49674
Leelanau County’s oldest and Michigan’s largest winery, the family owned Leelanau Cellars estate winery produces a wide variety of wines with a focus on approachability and affordability.
We are seeking a candidate for the position of Tasting Room Manager for our Omena tasting room who has experience managing teams focused on delivering superlative experiences and a proven track record of achieving sales and financial goals. This is a full-time, service industry position which will include seasonal weekends and most holidays with a competitive compensation structure, including a bonus program, commission and full benefits. Base salary will be determined by prior experience and abilities.
- Three or more years prior management experience in the hospitality, retail sales, or customer care industry with the proven ability to be an effective and enthusiastic leader
- Ability to hire, train, and coach high quality sales associates with an emphasis on achieving sales goals
- Proven organizational and analytical skills with proficiency in understanding and executing business plans
- Ability to drive company focus, manage culture, encourage a strong work ethic, and foster an environment of trust and respect
- Leadership mentality
- Superior customer service and sales skills
- Passion and strong wine knowledge preferred
- Experience in proper wine service techniques and wine education
- Must be self-motivated and able to act independently to solve problems as they occur with minimal oversight with excellent attention to detail, organizational skills, and a committed work ethic
- Strong multi-tasking of responsibilities in the tasting room vs. office administration
- Professional, warm, energetic, and welcoming personal presentation with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office as well as other basic computer experience
- Able to consistently work weekend and holiday schedules
- Must possess a valid MI driver’s license
TASTING ROOM OPERATIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for all aspects of operating the tasting room, including but not limited to:
- Be our lead ambassador with our guests and an example to our sales associates in promoting our brand and offering our guests an extraordinary experience of customer service in a warm and educational atmosphere.
- Hire, train, schedule, and supervise staff. Providing motivation, leadership, and personnel support through guidance and staff development to meet or exceed monthly sales goals of wine sales
- Monitor performance of tasting room goals including weekly & monthly goals for wine sales, merchandise, new club memberships, and taster traffic.
- Sell our products and club memberships in a confident manner, while building meaningful, genuine relationships with our guests.
- Train, educate and hold staff accountable for processes and procedures herein
- Respond to customer service issues in a professional, warm, and timely manner
- Manage onsite wine and other product inventory
- Support in development of innovative ways to drive sales and customer satisfaction
- Manage the completion of daily opening and closing Tasting Room duties unless those duties as delegated
- Conduct or delegate off-site pouring, tastings, and events as needed
- Maintain professional, clean work environment by teaching and enforcing daily tasting room protocol and procedures
- Manage social media marketing through daily correspondence for all brands’ social accounts
- Manage winery Ambassador & Advocate program
- Manage winery community ambassadorship and corporate giving programs
- Create and curate content for wine club newsletter
- Work closely with wine-making team to define estate varietals program to customers.
- Coordinate fulfillment and customer care for eComm and Club requests
- Become fully proficient in winery inventory management programs
- Manage operations of facility entertainment and special events.
- Work outside of core business hours will be required.
- Manage club scripting, training and incentive program for Tasting Room Associates
- Ability to lift and move 50 pounds repeatedly.
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Ability to effectively stock wine, set-up and break down procedures, equipment, etc., and be able to utilize dolly cart and assist in moving heavy objects.
- Ability to understand and accurately follow written and verbal instructions.
- Full-time position: 40hr/week
- Bonus/ Commission
- Benefits including: medical, dental, insurance, vacation
TASTING ROOM ASSOCIATE
Leelanau Cellars Tasting Room & Winery
5019 North West Bay Shore Drive, Omena, MI 49674
The Tasting Room Sales Associate is responsible for providing the front-line guest experience. As a Tasting Room Associate you are responsible for providing the best possible experience to all of our Tasting Room guests by developing relationships that promote sales and brand loyalty. This position is the champion of customer service in creating the perfect balance of education and good times.
- Greet all guests to the winery and pour wines for them.
- Create a memorable experience for the guests.
- Describe wines and winery history; answer visitors’ questions about wines.
- Assist with display and stocking of retail items and wines Assist in maintaining cleanliness of facilities.
- Possesses professional appearance and demeanor.
- Must be able to work weekends and flexible schedules.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to coordinate multiple projects or tasks.
- The employee is regularly required to operate a register and pour wine, hear and speak to exchange information, and taste or smell wine.
- The employee is frequently required to stand, move or walk for prolonged periods of time.
- The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit, stoop, kneel, crouch, walk and reach with hands and arms.
- Wages based on experience.
- Full time and part time positions available.
Please submit a copy of your resumé below along with any additional information you deem necessary! (* = required)