We love awesome people! Our team hands out high-fives, kisses babies and does back-flips (okay maybe not), but we do always go the extra mile to make sure our guests are happy! Join in on the fun, sling some wine and enjoy gorgeous views of the bay at Michigan’s largest winery!
Available Career Opportunities:
WINE PRODUCTION TEAM MEMBER
7161 North West Bay Shore Drive, Omena MI 49674
Leelanau Cellars is seeking a candidates for the position of Wine Production Team Member. The primary work site for this position is in Omena, Michigan (located 25 minutes outside of Traverse City). Under the direction of the Winemaker, the Wine Production Team assists with performing standard wine-making tasks. Our wine-making team works very closely together so the position requires versatility, flexibility, reliability, and accountability – a self-motivated, energetic person capable of adapting to quickly changing priorities and workload, with an interest in continual growth and improvement.
- Assist in all aspects of grape and wine processing including but not limited to: grape crushing, fermentation, filtration, stabilization, blending, bench trials, bottling, quality control and finishing of wines.
- Aids with all aspects of grape harvest.
- Assists in ordering and receiving grapes, fruits, wine or other ingredients for wine production.
- Assists with monitoring a record of wine-making activities.
- Assists with appropriate record keeping relating to all wine-making activities.
- Operate a forklift and other machinery used in the wine production process.
- Helps ensure the cellar is clean and organized, including sanitation of all wine surfaces.
- Preforms other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Previous experience in cellar operations is preferred but not required.
- Shows commitment to excellence and high standards in work product.
- Strong communication skills, interpersonal, written and verbal.
- Competent in using a computer and basic computer programs.
- Willing to work extended hours at times during the year.
- Ability to understand and accurately follow written and verbal instructions.
- Understands and follows safety procedures.
- Ability to lift and move 50 pounds repeatedly.
- Ability to stand or walk for long periods of time and the ability to climb up ladders.
- A reliable vehicle for transportation to and from work.
- Full-time position.
- Competitive pay, commensurate with experience.
- Benefits include medical and dental insurance, vacation and some paid holidays.
TASTING ROOM ASSOCIATES
Leelanau Cellars Tasting Room & Winery
5019 North West Bay Shore Drive, Omena, MI 49674
The Tasting Room Sales Associate is responsible for providing the front-line guest experience. As a Tasting Room Associate you are responsible for providing the best possible experience to all of our Tasting Room guests by developing relationships that promote sales and brand loyalty. This position is the champion of customer service in creating the perfect balance of education and good times.
- Starting Salary: $14/ hr
- Signing Bonus (paid after 30 days)
- Full time and part time positions available
- Retention Bonus (paid for continuous employment through October 31)
- Eligible for considerable cash and credit card tips
- Greet all guests to the winery and pour wines for them.
- Create a memorable experience for the guests.
- Describe wines and winery history; answer visitors’ questions about wines.
- Assist with display and stocking of retail items and wines Assist in maintaining cleanliness of facilities.
- Possesses professional appearance and demeanor.
- Must be able to work weekends and flexible schedules.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to coordinate multiple projects or tasks.
- The employee is regularly required to operate a register and pour wine, hear and speak to exchange information, and taste or smell wine.
- The employee is frequently required to stand, move or walk for prolonged periods of time.
- The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit, stoop, kneel, crouch, walk and reach with hands and arms.
Please submit a copy of your resumé below along with any additional information you deem necessary! (* = required)